So last week I couldn’t contain my excitement about finding a NYX stand. I quickly posted here about what I’d bought to try out. This week I got a chance to test everything and take some photos and swatches to show you.
“Matte but not Flat” Foundation
This stuff is the bees knees, honestly! So much so that it’s up there with my trusted Estee Lauder Double Wear. I got the shade “Nude” which would be around the same as MAC NC25 for reference. It has a yellow undertone to it, which I love. There isn’t a massive amount of choice shade wise, but I suppose no different to any other drugstore brand. I found after 6-8 hours there was some slight wear off, but thats not a huge deal and nothing a quick touch of powder wont fix.
- Medium to full coverage and is buildable
- Really didn’t look flat or mask-like
- Slightly yellow toned
- Didn’t feel cakey or show up any dry patches
- Comes in a hygienic tube and you get 40ml instead of your usual 30ml
- Budget friendly, less than a tenner!
- Not a huge selection of shades
Bronzer & Blush Combo
The packaging on these is really sturdy, not flimsy at all and also has a mirror included. There are around 6 or 7 different duo’s to choose from. The one I got is “Ibiza” and I chose it because of the lovely bright pink blush colour. The blush is really nice when applied and give a lovely luminous finish, something you would expect from a high end brand. The bronzer if perfect for daywear, nice light colour but probably too light if you wanted it for contouring.
(Blush & Bronzer Combo used with “Matte but not Flat” foundation)
- Gorgeous packaging and includes a mirror
- Great for travel
- Both colours stay on great, blush is fantastic!
- Lots of other duo’s to choose from
- The size of the product make its a tight squeeze for my brush
Butter Lipgloss & Jumbo Lip Pencil
I’m not a massive lip gloss fan but after hearing so much about these I have to try them out. I chose “Tiramisu” which is a fab nude colour and “Strawberry Parafit” a lovely bright pink. The colour pay-off is gorgeous and they don’t feel sticky at all. They wear for about the same time as a gloss, so you will need to re-apply. Really impressed though.
- Really nice packaging
- Huge range of colours
- Nice size for your makeup bag
- A tad bit pricey for the amount of product you get
HD Studio Photogenic Powder Foundation
I hadn’t planned on buying a powder foundation as I wouldn’t really wear them a lot, but the feel of this is silky soft, not at all chalky. The compact has a mirror and again the packaging is fantastic, really sturdy. This is lovely applied over a BB cream or moisturiser and I used a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to get a lovely natural finish.
- Good sturdy packaging with a mirror
- Handy to keep in your bag for touch-ups
- Silky soft and not powdery
- Can easily look cakey if you over-apply
Dewy Finish Setting Spray
This is the one product I disliked. It looked like I had a shiny film all over my face after I applied it. I might pick up the Matte finish one instead.
Did you manage to find a stockist or have you tried any of the above products?